JOB TITLE: Program Development Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Program Development
SUPERVISED BY: Director of Program Development
The Program Development Coordinator works closely with the Director of Program Development to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Program Development office. The Coordinator supports the department in meeting timelines, achieving strategic goals, organizing office activities and completing the day-to-day administrative functions of the office.
The Program Coordinator is also responsible for working with the Director to design and maintain a life-cycle system that guides the timely review and revision of existing workshops and workshop materials (i.e., resource books, handouts, workshop materials, videos, and photographs).
Primary Duties & Responsibilities Include:
Coordination of Program Development office
- Coordinates and organizes Program Development office activities and functions, including day-to-day administrative duties and assigned projects
- Creates, organizes and maintains files and departmental SOP manual
- Maintains systems for regular communication with Program Developers.
- Schedules and organizes meetings for program development staff and coordinates staff calendars.
- Receives and creates time and effort reports and supports the Department in managing staff workloads on projects.
- Coordinates and plans professional development training activities for RC Fellows and the Developers’ Seminar.
- Communicates with program developers, peer reviewers and all members of a project with respect and clarity for a range of purposes, including developing proposal summary, establishing and maintaining schedules and deadlines and sharing decisions around proposal development
Proofreading, Copy and Content Editing Workshop Products
- Maintains standards for formatting and style for program and workshop products and other documents
- Proofreads and copy-edits workshop products and other Program Development documents for quality presentation, consistency in formatting and style, including use of images such as photos from CRS photo archives, product images, and logos.
- Content edits workshop products as directed in order to prepare them for hand-off to publications for final productions or for wide-spread use.
Coordination of Program Development Services
- Coordinates Program Development services to external clients such as Brandman University and RC School Designation Program
- Participates in continuous improvement of processes, including data collection, management and sharing, for Program Development services and products.
- Supports all phases of program development life cycle, from planning to closure
- Assists with research and development projects, as assigned.
Interdepartmental collaboration and external communication
- Collaborates with staff in other departments as needed to meet Program Development needs and objectives and to ensure effective intra-office functioning.
Develops and deepens RC Content Knowledge
- Develops and deepens knowledge on the RC approach by attending Responsive Classroom professional development offerings as appropriate, reading CRS publications and participating in relevant learning conversations
- Ability to use a computer for up to 4 hours/day with breaks and lunch
- Ability to talk on the phone for up to 4 hours/day
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs. on occasion
- Ability to travel by airplane or automobile, sometimes extensively
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- 2-5 years related experience or educational background
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and in using Google Doc
- Ability to coordinate, prioritize and execute on multiple projects
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Interest in learning, growing and using technology to increase efficiencies in the work
- Successful in handling detailed work
- Welcomes working in a highly collaborative environment
- Able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Responsive to feedback
- Committed to the mission of the organization
- Occasional weekend work to support RC Services gatherings and trainings.
- Regular and reliable attendance
These requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and ability required to perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of individual jobholders may vary from the above description. Other duties, as assigned by the jobholder’s supervisor, may also be required.
How to Apply
Please click here to access the online application form.