Responding to Misbehavior – New York, NY
December 6 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pm$249
We’ve all been there: power struggles, defiance, meltdowns—all those particularly thorny behaviors. Learn effective strategies for understanding, addressing, and reducing challenging behavior in the classroom.
- Deepen understanding about the Responsive Classroom approach to discipline
- Identify how a teacher’s leadership style impacts student behaviors
- Utilize Responsive Classroom publications and resources to address common and problem behaviors
- Identify strategies to address emotional outbursts and meltdowns
- Consider the impact of stress on student behavior and create plans to address needs associated with stress
Prerequisite: 4-day Elementary Core Course
Suitable for grades K – 6
Resources included: Responding to Misbehavior Resource Book, Teasing, Tattling, Defiance & More; Solving Thorny Behavior Problems; Sammy and His Behavior Problems
Check-in/Welcome: 7:30 am – 8:30 am
Session doors open: 8:15 am
Session begins: 8:30 am
Session ends: 3:30 pm
How to register:
- Pay by credit card: Enter ticket quantity below, complete attendee detail fields, then add to cart—payment will be requested at checkout.
- Pay by purchase order or check: Download our registration form. Follow the instructions on the form and submit it via our online submission form, email, mail, or fax.