Thirty years of experience has shown us that the Responsive Classroom implementation is most effective when administrators, teachers, and other staff learn and practice Responsive Classroom strategies together and work as a team to create the conditions needed for lasting, meaningful change.
After Responsive Classroom Course
Once educators in a school/district have completed the Responsive Classroom Course (RCC) course, they are eligible for these additional services:
- Responsive Classroom Advanced Course (RCAC)
- Responsive Classroom Advanced Course Two-Day Modules
Deepen the skills you learned in the Responsive Classroom Course and take your
teaching to a higher level by taking the new Responsive Classroom Advanced Course.
You'll add many new Responsive Classroom strategies to your teaching toolkit and will
strengthen the practces you're already using.
- Classroom coaching (consultant observes specified practices and gives feedback)
- Demonstration lessons (consultant presents lesson and debriefs with observers)
Workshops for Classroom Teachers
Six-hour workshops offered on-site for up to thirty participants.
- Morning Meeting and Academics: Participants explore practical ways to incorporate academic content into Morning Meeting sharing, group activity, and morning message.
- Responding to Misbehavior: Enhance your skill in managing common classroom discipline problems. You'll tie together strategies you learned in RCC and have plenty of time to:
- Describe problem behaviors
- Articulate ideal behaviors
- Generate possible theories as to why a child is misbehaving
- Consider options for intervening
Once 50% or more of a school's staff has completed at least RCC, we can work with other members of your school community by offering these one-day workshops:
- Jumpstart Your Responsive Classroom Team Workshop: This one-day workshop prepares your school's designated Responsive Classroom team (5–8 members, including the principal) for their critical role in successful classroom and schoolwide implementation of the Responsive Classroom approach.
- Responsive Classroom Essentials for Support Staff: Give support staff an introduction to the Responsive Classroom approach and some practice with Interactive Modeling and teacher language.
- Responsive Classroom Essentials for Special Area Teachers: Introduce special area teachers to some key Responsive Classroom practices: Morning Meeting, Interactive Modeling, positive teacher language, and the Responsive Classroom approach to discipline.
Resources for Site-based Study
Lead your own learning community in site-based professional development focused on Responsive Classroom practices. Some of the resources we offer for this are professional development kits, DVDs that show the practices in action, and the Responsive Classroom Assessment Tool for Teachers, a self-assessment tool focused on classroom implementation of key Responsive Classroom practices.
Responsive Classroom Leadership Conference
Attend the annual Responsive Classroom Leadership Conference, where administrators and teacher leaders gather to share ideas and questions, successes and challenges on the road to schoolwide implementation of the Responsive Classroom approach.
To learn more about bringing the Responsive Classroom approach to your school or district, please contact our school services team. Call 800-360-6332, ext. 156 or email email@example.com.