Do you need credits for your professional and salary advancement?
You'll get a certificate of attendance at the end of your Responsive Classroom workshop or institute. (Workshops are generally 6 hours, and institutes are 30.)
If you need graduate-level, professional development credit for your work, you can earn it through Brandman University, part of the Chapman University system in Irvine, California.
Cost is $70 per credit. Completion of a 30-hour Responsive Classroom institute is required and is a separate tuition and registration process.
Tips for Registering with Brandman University
- Use the current date for a "start date" when prompted during the online registration process.
- Some school email filters block messages from Brandman University, so it's recommended that you provide your personal email rather than your school email.
- To register one or several people with a Purchase Order:
Fax, email, or mail the Purchase Order to Robin Briones at Brandman University:
Brandman University will email you a code linked to your PO which will allow you to register online. In the payment section of the registration process, select "pay with purchase order" and enter the code when prompted.
Fax: 949-754-1337 Brandman University
16355 Laguna Canyon Road
Irvine, CA 92618
- Complete the 30-hour training for Responsive Classroom Level I or Responsive Classroom Level II. To be eligible for this 2-credit option, your Responsive Classroom training must be recent—you must register with Brandman University within 2 years of completing RCI or RCII.
- Registration is open year-round. You will have to register with Brandman University at their website. Go to the Brandman University website and find the link to Responsive Classroom on this page to register. You will need a copy of your certificate of attendance.
- For RCI, register for Brandman EDCU 9021
- For RCII, register for Brandman EDCU 9022
After you register, you will receive emailed instructions from Brandman University on how to submit your certificate.
- Complete the 30-hour training for Responsive Classroom Level I or Responsive Classroom Level II. To be eligible for the Fall 2013 course, your Responsive Classroom training must be recent—you must register with Brandman University within 2 years of completing RCI or RCII.
- Registration for the 3-credit option will be open from June 1, 2013 through January 6, 2014. You will have to register with Brandman University at their website. Go to the Brandman University website and find the link to Responsive Classroom on this page to register.
Choose two projects from five options (including choices for classroom teachers, special area teachers, and administrators). For each project, plan, implement, and reflect on one Responsive Classroom practice, and write a 5–10 page paper. Here are the links to the project assignments:
- Submit projects between October 7, 2013–January 6, 2014. Include your completed cover page and evaluation with your papers. Email or mail to:
Northeast Foundation for Children, Inc. / Responsive Classroom
Attn: Susan Farber
85 Avenue A, Suite 204
P.O. Box 718
Turners Falls, MA 01376-0718
"The assignments were thought-provoking and directly related to real-life experiences in the classroom. Being able to choose which assignments to complete was very helpful and allowed me to consider what would have the most impact in my classroom. —Kathy Conway-Frangione, NH
Questions? Email Susan Farber or call 800-360-6332, ext. 102.