Do you need credits for your professional and salary advancement?
You'll get a certificate of attendance at the end of your Responsive Classroom workshop or institute. (Workshops are generally 6 hours, and institutes are 30.)
If you need graduate-level, professional development credit for your work, you can earn it through Brandman University, part of the Chapman University system in Irvine, CA.
Cost is $70 per credit. Completion of a 30-hour Responsive Classroom institute is required and is a separate tuition and registration process.
Registering for credit with Brandman University
Please note that only the 2-credit option is available at this time.
There are 3 ways to register:
1. Fax or mail in this paper registration form.
2. Register on Brandman University's website.
- Click on the course box of the option you want on the left (For example: 2-credit Responsive Classroom I. The 3-credit course is offered Fall semester only.)
- In the selected course box, click on the "+" symbol at the bottom right to add the course.
- Use the current date for a "start date."
- At the bottom right of the page, click "Register." (As a new student, you will be prompted to enter your information, including payment.)
- Some school email filters block messages from Brandman University, so it's recommended that you provide your personal email rather than your school email.
- The registration process uses pop-up windows (allow pop-ups in your browser), and is not compatible with an iPad since is uses Adobe Flash.
3. Register one or several people with a Purchase Order—fax, email, or mail the P.O. to Robin Briones at Brandman University. Include email addresses for all registrants who need a payment code.
16355 Laguna Canyon Road
Irvine, CA 92618
Brandman University will email you a code linked to your P.O. which will allow you to register online. In the payment section of the registration process, select "pay with purchase order" and enter the code when prompted.
- Complete the 30-hour training for Responsive Classroom Level I or Responsive Classroom Level II. To be eligible for this 2-credit option, your Responsive Classroom training must be recent—you must register with Brandman University within 2 years of completing RCI or RCII.
- Registration is open year-round. You will have to register with Brandman University at their website. See instructions in the yellow box, above. For the 2-credit option, you will need a copy of your certificate of attendance.
- For RCI, register for Brandman EDCU 9021
- For RCII, register for Brandman EDCU 9022
After you register, you will receive emailed instructions from Brandman University on how to submit your certificate.
Registration for the Fall 2014 semester will open June 1, 2014.
Educators who have completed the Responsive Classroom Course (RCC), Responsive Classroom I (RCI) or Responsive Classroom II (RCII) may receive 3 graduate-level credits by completing projects designed to strengthen understanding and practice of Responsive Classroom strategies. Project assignments are designed for classroom teachers, special-area teachers, and administrators.
Project choices for Fall 2014 will be will be posted here by April 1, 2014, and will be similar to these assignments from the Fall 2013 semester:
If you have already completed the 3-credit course (Brandman EDDU 9174 or 9134), go here to find instructions on accessing your grade, transcript, or financial receipt.
"The assignments were thought-provoking and directly related to real-life experiences in the classroom. Being able to choose which assignments to complete was very helpful and allowed me to consider what would have the most impact in my classroom." —Kathy Conway-Frangione
Questions? Email Susan Farber or call 800-360-6332, ext. 102.