Responsive Classroom Leadership Conference
Creating a Climate
October 5–6, 2015
Monday & Tuesday in Austin, TX
Learn how to bring proven, practical strategies for building positive school community, managing classrooms effectively, and enhancing academic engagement to your school or district.
- A diverse line-up of sessions, interactive workshops, and panel discussions. New sessions: The Responsive Classroom Approach to Discipline, Sustaining the Vision of Responsive Classroom in Your School, Facilitated Planning Sessions, and more!
- Keynote speaker César A. Cruz, veteran teacher, author, activist, and a doctoral candidate in the program for Educational Leadership at Harvard University.
- District and school leaders from across the U.S. and around the world who share our mission of a high-quality education for every child, every day.
- An entire session track for middle school leaders:
- Creating a Developmentally Responsive Middle School
- Energizing Classroom Instruction in Middle School
- This is How We Talk: Creating a Culture of Learning in Middle School
- Rigorous Learning in the Middle School
- Plenary Panel–Making Positive School Climate a Priority: In this plenary session, you’ll hear from three leaders--representing a variety of elementary and middle school settings—about the steps they’ve taken to make school climate a priority and the approaches they’ve used in their schools and districts. There will also be an opportunity to ask panelists questions about the challenges you face in creating a positive climate for learning.
Registration is $495. Includes two days of programming, conference materials, breakfasts, lunches, and our networking reception.
Accommodations are not included in the conference fee, but you can take advantage of our block-booking rate at the Hyatt Regency, where this year's Responsive Classroom Leadership Conference will be held.